Opetuksen aika ja paikka:
Syksy 2018, Kokkola
Content: This course provides a foundation in working life English oral skills, specifically in English for academic and specific purposes, which includes using appropriate vocabulary, active discussions and presentations, to bring students’ English language skills to an advanced level. It aims to build students’ competence in English with a specific focus on topics of their field. The students improve speaking skills in meetings, discussions, negotiations, seminars, presentations and various tasks.
Opintojakson tavoite: B2-C2
Students will be able to:
- actively and spontaneously participate in professional discussions
- adapt their communication in relation to different audience
- listen critically and express their own argumentation clearly and logically
- respond and ask questions formally and appropriately in general and professional situations
- deliver professional presentations in English in groups and individually
- critically assess their own and others’ business communication.
Teaching: 30 hours in class.
Completion: mandatory class attendance, active participation, completion of final presentation.
Edeltävät opinnot: Lukion englannin kielen oppimäärä tai vastaavat taidot.
Arviointi: Evaluation: 1-5 / failed.
Literature: course booklet and other material provided by teacher.
Compulsory: to those who have chosen English as the foreign language.
Ohjeistusta läsnäolosta kielten kursseilla.
Tämä kurssi on Vaasan yliopiston avoimen yliopiston järjestämä. Kurssin vaatimukset ovat samat kuin Vaasan yliopiston tutkinto-opetuksessa.